Bent Pin Analysis Far Faster, Easier and More Accurate to Complete
If you’ve manually preformed a bent pin analysis to determine effects of shorted or open connector pins, you know that much of the process is tedious, repetitive and error-prone. The Omnicon Group has developed a Bent Pin and Shorted/Open Wire Analysis (BPA) System to automate the mechanics of the process at the connector and wiring level so you can concentrate on the circuit and system effects.
Omnicon’s Bent Pin Analysis System automates development of FMEA worksheets directly from connector pin geometry and signal names and types. The software sets up the worksheets for the least possible human effort and provides you with the most accurate results. Omnicon offers the BPA System as a service to customers who realize that bent pin and shorted/open wire analyses are best performed by an automated tool. Some benefits of the Bent Pin Analysis are:
- Allows concentration on circuits and systems instead of pins and wires
- Eliminates common human errors and provides thoroughness and accuracy not possible with manual analysis
- Automatically supplies individual failure descriptions, failure causes and failure rates for each possible failure
- Removes the need to enter anything more than once
- Saves many hours of analysis on each connector
Leaders in Bent Pin Analysis
With Omnicon, your results are significantly better, faster and less expensive. It is not just computing power that makes it possible. The bent pin analysis tool eliminates the problems and weaknesses of traditional manual analysis. Our Brochure provides more information on Omnicon’s Bent Pin Analysis.
The BPA tool is continually being optimized with new features to provide you with improved failure descriptions and faster turnaround time. Read more about the new version 3.3 tool.
Alexandria Scover April 14, 2016